Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Little More Conversation

So, here I am, talking to my geekheart about marriage and what-not. We have a ring and a dress (or at least a dress-style) picked out... and a tentative date.

I'm planning on meeting with the bishop this sunday to talk a little bit more about it. In particular, there's the question we have... because once you're baptized, you have to wait for a year before you can go through the temple for your endowment, and you have to be endowed before you're married.

Now, normally, if you're married outside of the temple (i.e. a civil marriage), you have to wait for a full year to be sealed in the temple... which would make us have to wait until a year from December. And that's just not cool.

However, I recall someone telling me that if you get married before your one year mark, then you can get sealed in the temple as soon as the year is up - just as if you had been married for a year.

So that's what I'm hoping for. We're both totally excited, even though we have quite a ways to go... 6 months will probably fly by rather quickly. Well, that's all for now - gigageek

No comments: