Monday, November 3, 2008

Love, Dogs, and Death

This won't be nearly as long as I would like, simply because schoolwork requires attention.

Let me further preface this by saying that I don't like dogs. Most of them are smelly, annoying, and in general annoying. I don't usually get sad when I see a dead dog on the side of the road. I don't go out of my way to be cruel to a dog, but I'm usually not very "into" them you could say.

So imagine my surprise when today I got a txt from my Geekheart that informed me her puppy had died, and far from being happy or not caring even... I felt sad. I feel sad right now just writing about it. I'm sure it has nothing to do with how I feel about dogs, but instead how I feel about my fiance. My love for her is such that when the world is deprived of something that brings her happiness that it deprives /me/ of happiness.

It's an interesting feeling, to know that I love someone so much.

And a little frightening.

But love her I do, and sad I am at the passing of "Little Man".

No comments: