Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Birthday

So, today is my birthday. I am now 24 years of age. I have 3 year old twin girls and I am engaged to a wonderful man....who didn't tell me happy birthday. See the thing about it is we have this routine. Every morning my gigageek calls me without fail at 6am or whatever time I ask him to. Then we chat and pray and talk about what is to happen throughout the day. Then we text and talk throughout the day about whatver comes up. Then we have our nightly call and pray and talk about our day.
So...today I wake up to my gigageeks ringtone and answer feeling more than a little groggy but still able to function. He asks me how I feel and such. Then as I wake up we pray and I drink my breakfast and then decide I should take a shower. So we hang up and i tell him I will call later.
As I hang up I realise that it is indeed my birthday. Then I smile and wonder if my gigageek will tell me happy birthday when I call back. Well when we did speak again I had my bluetooth on and I was driving so we spoke for almost half the ride. That was ample time for my gigageek to tell me those two words. Did he? no.
So at this point I decide that I am just going to let him tell me when he remembers. Well he was in class all morning and I texted him a few times and called and recieved no reply until he called back around 1:00.
So we do the usual how are yas and what have you and he still says nothing. So I ask him in so many words if he knows what today is.....well of course he does.....then why has almost half a day passed by and no Happy Birthday?
I do not understand why it is so hard for men to realise that the simple mundane things matter so much. All I wanted was a Happy birthday from my fiancee this morning and only until I said something did he say something. So in that case it means nothing. His blog that he wrote for me/about me was sweet and beautiful. But in the state I am in I really dont want to be reminded of scars and whatever else you said in that poem. I dont care if you do love me and everything that is me...

No comments: