Monday, April 13, 2009

Old habits die hard

So, 2 weeks ago I had a personal "revelation". For those of you who know me, I am not the skinniest chick in the coop. I have always been the big girl in the crowd. Since my geek and I have been married I had been excerising sporadically, but I hadn't really changed my eating habits.
Two weeks ago, I felt like I NEEDED to work out. So, thats what I did. I went to the clubhouse, got on the elyptical and worked as hard as I could for 30 minutes. As I was running away on the machine I had a whole 30 minutes to think. I thought about my life thus far, and what I wanted. I decided being the fat girl who was pretty wasn't enough for me. I want to be as healthy as possible. I want to do what I have been told my entire life is impossible.
I have had my own family members tell me growing up that I would always be the "big girl". Well I am NOT always going to be the big girl. I am taking charge of this body that Heavenly father has provided me with and I am going to make it the best it can be. I want to be able to run with the girls. I want to live to be over a hundred. I want to feel sexy and KNOW I am sexy. I want all the things that I was told I would never have. So heres to the start of the new me.

2 comments:

the rowley mama said...

Go, you! You rock, Julia! Being healthy is the most important thing. Good luck! It's not as hard as you think, either. Sure it takes a little changing your thinking, but it's totally worth it. When I'm making sure to live healthy, I feel sooo much better. A friend and I started a blog to help keep each other accountable for our eating habits (we haven't been using it for a looong while, but we probably will start again - I'll send you an invite, if you want! Just drop me an email or something)

Rhino said...

w00t!! :) I love your goals. I bet you'll be running around with the girls before you know it.

I absolutely admire your focus and determination. That is the one thing about health that you have to have and no one else can really give you. You are so right -- old habits die hard. Mercifully, this is one of those things where every action has double power: it wipes away the old habit and creates the new one at the same time. Good luck! I believe in you.