Monday, September 21, 2009

Little Things

So, I'm laying here next to my sleeping Geekheart, listening to the rain come down like crazy. I went to sleep around 9 with my wife, and then I woke up at 10. So I've just been plinking around on here, listening to her breathe.

This morning I woke up and my left hand felt extremely naked and vulnerable. My wedding ring was gone and I couldn't find it anywhere. It wasn't in the bed, on the floor, on the bathroom counter where I leave it to take a shower... glumly I pulled my CTR ring out of my desk drawer - I may not be able to wear my wedding ring, but at least I can wear a ring on my wedding finger.

I was running late already, but I decided I should try and get us all to pray. So down we knelt, and under a piece of paper lay my ring! Elatedly I put it on, with the remembrance that last night I gave my wife a massage and took my ring off to keep it from getting all lotion-y. If we hadn't had family prayer, I may not have found my ring yet. I'll let you judge for yourself, but to me it was an affirmation that family prayer (and prayer in general) is a good thing (tm).

I love my wife.

No comments: